Two Edges, Same Blade.
Here are the Sorceries for each Nation and the abilities that they possess:
El Fuego Aldentro(Fire)-Castille
People of this bloodline were hunted to near extinction by members of the Vaticine Inquisition, the Castillian People, and other Secret Societies within recent history. However, due to the tendancy of people with incredible power to have very little restraint, there were many bastard children within the population that ensured that the blood line would never truely die. Despite the potential, Practitioners of this Sorcery are still incredibly rare.
You have incredible control over fire. One might say, fire is in your blood, literally. When you use this power your eyes darken and small motes of firelight can be seen floating through your eyes.
- Mastery Levels -
- Apprentice – (1) You can ignore up to 3 dice of damage from flames. You can direct the movement of flames within 10’ of you. It will ignore wind and even cross water if the Feed Knack is used. The movement rate is 10’ per round. (15’ at Adept. 20 at Master.)
- Adept – (1) You can now ignore up to 6 dice of Damage from Flames. (2)You can grasp Fire as if it were a solid object.
- Master – (1) Fire and Heat based damage does not harm you or any equipment kept in close contact with you. (Volcano swimming anyone?) (2) You can give Fire the semblence of life.
- Concentrate – For every rank you can control an additional fire beyond the first.
- Extinguish – You may spend an Action to reduce a fire by a number of dice equa to your rank in this knack. May affect 100 sq. ft. per rank.
- Feed – You may keep a fire going, despite adverse conditions, by taking flesh wounds equal to 2x the number of dice you are trying to keep going. Training in this knack reduces the number of flesh wounds you take by you rank in this knack.
- Range – You may affect Fire up to 40 ft. times your rank in this away.
- Firestarting – You may take a flesh wound to light a fire in adverse conditions. Your rank determines how adverse. (1) Damp tinder/Strong wind. (2) Wet tinder/Light Rain. (3) Waterlogged Tinder/Medium rain. (4)Non-combustible tinder/Heavey rain. (5)Any Material/Any condition. (Yes that means you could lite a fire underwater, on a stone alter. keeping it lit would require the Feed Knack though.)
- Flaming Blade – You may place your Sword into a Fire and coat your weapon in Flames. The weapon does extra damage equal to you rank in this knack times 1 (if Apprentice), 2 (if Adept), or 3(if Master). (Counts as 1 dice of fire for purposes of keeping it lit.)
- Hurl Fire (Req. Adept Status to Learn.)- You may use an action to reach into a fire and throw a piece at an opponent. Roll Finesse + this Knack keep Finesse to hit. Range is 5+(Brawn x 2) feet.
- Fireflies (Req. Master status to learn.) – You may spend 3 actions to convert 1 die of fire into a 10’ by 10’ cloud of fireflies, and you take 1 flesh wound (which won’t heal until the cloud goes away). You control the cloud and can extinguish it at will. The cloud can move 15 feet or 1 level per phase. Any creature in the cloud takes 1 flesh wound per phase unless wearing heavy clothing or other protection. You can have one cloud for each rank you have in this knack.
- Flame Serpent (Req. Master Status to Learn.) -You may spend 5 actions to convert 2 dice of fire into a flame serpent, and you take 3 flesh wounds (which won’t heal until the serpent goes away). You control the serpent and can extinguish it at will. It acts as if it had all traits of 3, but it cannot be harmed except by immersion in water. It starts with your rank in this knack in damage dice (for example, 3k3 if your rank is 3. Roll 2(Finesse)k Finesse for attack.), but after each successful hit it loses a damage die. When at zero dice it can still move but does no damage. It may regain dice up to its starting value at the rate of 1 die per round of sitting in a fire. You can have one flame serpent for each rank you have in this knack.
- Firebird (Req. Master Status to learn.) – You may spend 5 actions to convert 2 dice of fire into a flame serpent, and you take 3 flesh wounds (which won’t heal until the serpent goes away). You control the serpent and can extinguish it at will. It acts as if it had all traits of 3, but it cannot be harmed except by immersion in water. It starts with your rank in this knack in damage dice (for example, 3k3 if your rank is 3), but after each successful hit it loses a damage die. When at zero dice it can still move but does no damage. It may regain dice up to its starting value at the rate of 1 die per round of sitting in a fire. You can have one flame serpent for each rank you have in this knack.
This power was taught to the people of Avalon by the Sidhe. Any who weild it know, with dread certainty, that it is tied to the pact made with the Sidhe concerning the Grall. Though few know the terms of this pact, they are all know that if the Graal were lost, Glamour would be lost to Theah. Given the nature of the relationship that the Sidhe have with Avalon and its distance from the mainland, organizations that strictly and violently oppose Sorcery have not had much success in Avalon. It is fairly common to see occurences of Glamour throughtout the Three Kingdoms, this is often due to the sidhe that wander the lands. That being said, people with some ability to use Glamour are not horribly rare, but there are very few Full-Blooded Glamour Mages wandering Theah, currently.
Yours is the power to accomplish the impossible. You pull from the reputaions of those who have come before and done the unthinkable, and through your actions their Legend lives on. When you reach for this power your aspect changes slightly and you may assume a small manerism of the Legend you draw from.
(Definition – Glamour Dice: Can be used as Drama Dice, except that they can never be used to activate Arcana (Virtues or Flaws), and they do not turn into Experience if unspent.
- Apprentice – (1) You may use your Reputaion dice as if they were Glamour dice. (2) You may use the Apprentice ability of any Legend Knack you know.
- Adept – (1)The GM recieves fewer drama dice at the start of each story equal to your lowest trait. (2) You may use the Adept ability of any Legend Knack you know.
- Master – (1) When drama dice reset you gain your highest traits value in Drama Dice, rather than you lowest. (2) You may now use the Master level abilities for your Legend Knacks.
The Legend Knacks used in Glamour sorcery are divided into 5 Catagories, one for each trait. You may have only one knack for each trait. (Exceptions to this may be discussed with you GM.) Given the diversity of the abilities that are possible it is worth noting that, unless you are trying to, it is nearly impossible to have two Glamour mages with the exact same abilities. Please take a look into each of the following links and find the knack you would like from each one.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: When you use the Knack of a particularly powerful Sihe Legend, it is possible that they will become aware of you. Keep that in mind when choosing.)